Poker at Jazzy Spins
Best Video Poker Games
Come play some of the best video poker games at Jazzy Spins. Poker is an iconic game enjoyed by the most serious players in the industry and it has been brought online with fantastic single and multi-hand video poker games to make you feel as if you’re playing at a real casino.
If you want to have a go at this classic game, check out the video poker games in this section. With Jazzy Spins Casino, you will get the best video poker games in the business – guaranteed.
Video Poker Games at Jazzy Spins
Jazzy Spins video poker games have been hand-picked for their realistic features, their entertainment value and their rewards potential.
Create your best five-card poker hands and enjoy great pay-outs in video poker and other online table games at Jazzy Spins. Choose from exciting titles such as Deuces Wild and other variants of video poker.
Origins of Poker
There is a degree of uncertainty over the true origins of Poker. Believed to be rooted back to an ancient Chinese dynasty or to the Persian card game “As Nas”, this day’s version of Poker can actually be traced back to the 17th century when the French game known as Poque crossed the oceans to New Orleans along with the French colonists, where it was renamed Poker. Poque was essentially based on the Spanish Primero – a three-card game where bluffing played a key part.
By the 19th century, poker was played with a 52-card deck and 5 cards were dealt to each player. Poker’s popularity swept the world, triggering multiple offshoots. In fact, so popular was the game that when online casinos burst onto the scene in the mid-1990s, poker was one of the first games to successfully transition.
How to Play Video Poker Online
Video poker is the ultimate game to play if you want to try and win big. It is the perfect blend of skills and luck. Follow the steps below to start playing your favourite video poker games online.
Step 1: Select your chosen video poker variant from the dozens of quality games we offer and place your bet by selecting the “Max Credits” button. You can wager anything between one and five coins.
Step 2: Select DEAL and you will be dealt five cards. If you’re happy with the hand you’re dealt, keep all the cards. Otherwise, you can decide to change some of them.
Step 3: To choose the cards you want to hold on to, you can either select the “Hold/Cancel” button, or directly touch the cards you want to keep on the screen of your mobile device.
Step 4: If you wish to discard certain cards, just select the “Hold/Cancel” button or touch the card once more.
Step 5: To replace the cards you have discarded, select the “Deal/Draw” button and you will be dealt more cards.
Step 6: If you have a winning hand, you might be asked to “Double Up”. Decide whether you want to try your luck doubling up your win, or walk away with your winnings. The prizes will be determined by the game’s pay-table.
Your Goal: Your ultimate objective is to form the best 5-card poker hand that you can.
Video Poker Rules
Most video poker games follow the basic premise of traditional poker – getting the highest hand ranking possible. Hand rankings begin with the value of your highest single card and rise until the most sought-after combo, the Royal Flush.
Typically, five cards are dealt to you and you must try form the best poker hand possible. The same hierarchy of hands exists in all games as follows:
- Royal Flush: This is the strongest poker hand you can have. Defined as the highest-ranking straight flush, you need to hold an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and a 10 card of identical suits – for example: Hearts.
- Straight Flush: 5 cards of the same suit in a sequence – for example: 4 to 8 of spades.
- Four of a Kind: 4 cards with the same rank – for example: 4 Jacks in different suits.
- Full House: Three cards with the same rank and a pair – for example: three 10s and a pair of 9.
- Flush: 5 cards of the same suit, regardless of their numerical order – for example: 5 cards in diamonds.
- Straight: 5 cards in rank order – for example: from 5 to 9 of any suits.
- Three of a kind: 3 cards of the same rank, different suits – for example: three 9s.
- Two Pair: 2 cards of the same rank, twice – for example: two 10s and two 4s in different suits.
- Pair: 2 cards of the same rank – for example a pair of Aces in different suits.
- High Card: You don’t have any of the above hands so, you will play the highest ranking card – for example: five cards in different suits: 2,4,5,9 and Jack – Jack is the highest card to play.
In video poker, different variants sometimes bring their own twists to a game’s hand ranking. For example:
- Jacks or Better – you can only start winning if you form a pair of Jacks or anything better.
- Deuces Wild Double Up – the 2s are suddenly given a mighty power punch in value.
Video Poker Payout
The pay-outs on all video poker hands depend on how good the hand is as well as the value of the bets. Wagering a minimum amount of coins (1 coin) will obviously see you earn the lowest payout that corresponds to your winning hand. If you wager the maximum number of coins (5), you’ll receive the highest payout if you get a winning hand.
Once you are confident in the game, one of the best ways to improve your chances of winning is to use a basic strategy card. This shows how to perform when you are presented with different hands (which cards to keep and which to discard) and is an excellent way to improve your odds and bring down the house edge.
Come and discover why video poker is considered the king of games at Jazzy Spins.
No doubt you’ll have questions about the different types available. Don’t hesitate to contact customer support at Jazzy Spins to get all your answers!